The Midnight Mirror
- Don’t be a dick.
- Everyone has fun (But see above).
- The gods hate cheese: I reserve the right as a DM to have your character summarily executed by a time-travelling deity (suddenly blinking the character out of existence) if you start deliberately and maliciously breaking my campaign world and damaging the experience for other players.
- Core Rulebook and Advanced Players Guide ONLY.
- There are lots of great choices between the two sources, anything beyond those two books is on a case by case basis that requires approval and approval may require a good back story or reasoning.
- 20 Point Buy for stats, no one stat can start over 19 or under 7 with racial modifier.
- You begin with your full class starting cash.
- You begin with your full maximum hit points.
- There are no Summoner Class Archtypes
- There is no leadership feat
- Hit points beyond 1st level are rolled with a d4, plus a bonus based on class:
- d6 class (Wizard, Sorc): +2
- d8 class (Rogue, Cleric, etc.): +4
- d10 class (Fighter, Paladin, etc.): +6
- D12 class (Barbarian): +8
- There are no Hero Points. You ARE heroes, act like it, you don’t need a point system to do something heroic, you don’t need a point system to protect you from death. Plan things out, take chances, be adventurers. No risk no reward.
- Everyone gets a bonus feat at level 1, the feat must be one that grants a bonus to two skills.
- Cure spells are automatically maximized out of combat, must be rolled during combat.
- Clerics do not spontaneously cast cure or harm spells. They spontaneously cast domain spells.
- This makes clerics of different gods unique. You want to heal? Take the healing domain or memorize healing spells.
- The spell breath of life is renamed cure deadly wounds, meaning that it can be spontaneously cast by a cleric with the healing domain.
-Roll d12 for Initiative rather than d20.-
- You have 30 seconds to determine your course of action during your turn, snooze and you lose. I will do my very best to also keep moving as fast I can but note that as a player you control just yourself, as a GM I control many creatures with lots of abilities and an ever changing environment.
- Each player is responsible for his/her own actions and knowing their character. I enjoy players discussing strategy and helping each other out. Be that as it may during combat you will not correct each other, you will not tell each other what to do. If a player is making a mistake, let it be, they have to learn somehow. Spend your in between turn time focusing on what is going on and what you’re going to do for the next turn. Have your spells ready, know your abilities.
- When drawing an item as part of a move, anything reasonable may be drawn. Example, a wand or potion or perhaps a scroll.
- Loot can be sold at: Consumables 25% Retail Value/Non-Consumables 75% Retail Value. I reserve the right to make changes during game to balance the WBL.
-You are not flat-footed until you act during normal initiative (and neither are the monsters). Surprise rounds, you’re still flat-footed, but if you’re aware of the combat in regular initiative, you’re good. Why can’t I use my Dex versus the enemies that I’m completely aware of their intentions to kill me – if the rounds are indeed simultaneous (meaning that I am acting as they are acting), then as they rush at me, I’m already preparing to swing my sword at them.- -Rolling a 20 will result in max weapon damage if the attack hits but confirmation fails.-
- Rolling a 20 on a confirmation increases the multiplier by 1.
- Rolling 3 20’s in a row = instant kill. (.01 % chance)
- Roll your damage at the same time as the attack.
- Rolling a 20 on skill checks will give you a +5 bonus to the roll.
- If your character is blind, you’re not allowed to face the table.
- You just roll for a knowledge check no need to say which one you are rolling for. I will keep a list of who knows what.
- You don’t have to make a knowledge check for monsters that you are very familiar with or monsters you encountered the last few combats.
- Experience points will not be given out. You will level when deemed necessary.
- Sometimes I may not follow the normal RAW rules. This will be done for emphasis of the story, not because I dislike a character.
- Nothing is set in stone and is open for discussion.
- Upgrading magic items is allowed by finding someone in a town/city that can craft. You will pay the difference and then will have to wait x days for it to be completed.
- Magic garments will resize to the wearer. Armor and weapons will not.